What activities are there for young children?
We’ve got lots of entertainment for the entire family. In addition to the carnival with games and rides for all ages, young children can participate in a stickhorse rodeo, mutton bustin’ and more. For a complete list of events and activities visit Family Fun.
How should I dress?
Western gear would be festive, but at least wear jeans and boots or comfortable shoes. You can expect the Fair to involve straw and dust, so be comfortable and casual.
How much is parking?
Parking is Free at the Douglas County Fairgrounds.
How do I purchase tickets to the Fair?
All tickets for Ticketed Events (Xtreme Bulls, PRCA Rodeo, Barn Dance) are available to purchase online beginning May 1 and available to purchase beginning July 29 at the Event Center Box Office. Grounds admission will be sold at the main entrance the day of the event. See Tickets section.
What types of entertainment will be at the Fair?
Local bands as well as other stage entertainment are planned for this year’s Fair.
See Entertainment section.
Activities and Entertainment are included in the General Admission unless indicated as Ticketed Event. Grounds Admission is included in Event Ticket for the day of the ticketed event and access to entertainment as well as great food and shopping opportunities at the EXPO!
What vendors will be at the Fair?
We will have a large variety of vendors at this years fair located inside the climate controlled Events Center. For a list of vendors please check out the EXPO page. If you would like to contact us regarding being a part of this next year’s Fair & Rodeo EXPO call us at 720-733-6900. See Vendor Info section.
ADA Accessibility Information:
Handicap parking is available near the main entrance. The Fairgrounds and facilities are ADA accessible.
ATM machines are located at the Events Center, Indoor Arena and Kirk Hall.
Douglas County Fair and Rodeo Map
Basic First Aid supplies are located at all information booths.
Family Aid Station:
Presented by the Douglas County Parenting Coalition, this aid station will help our guests with spur-of-the-moment family emergencies. Located by the Discovery Ranch Information Booth the station provides families with diapers, water, sunscreen, band-aids, clean t-shirts, wet wipes and other needed items at no charge.
Lost & Found:
Lost and found articles may be dropped off or recovered at the Information Booth located in the EXPO.
Babies & Infants:
Changing tables are located in all men’s and women’s restrooms.
The Fairgrounds and parking lots are all stroller friendly, please look for the stroller signs to guide you from the parking lots to the main entrance.
Keeping Kids Healthy at the Fair
When people forget to wash their hands after petting an animal or bring food or drinks into an area where animals are being housed, they are at risk for becoming seriously ill.
General Guests Conduct
- Smoking is not allowed in any public buildings, or within 100’ of any building entrance.
- Personal golf carts, ATV’s, motorized scooters and bicycles are not allowed on the Fairgrounds during County Fair.
- Dogs are not allowed on the Fairgrounds during County Fair except for those dogs that are competing or performing during the Fair. Owners / Handlers must keep dogs under constant control and ARE NOT allowed into any livestock barns, Kirk Hall or the Events Center. Under the ADA regulations, assistance animals are allowed.
- Alcohol will be sold in designated areas only on the Fairgrounds during County Fair: Midway, Events Center, Indoor Arena and Contestant Hospitality. Otherwise, alcohol cannot be consumed or carried anywhere else on the grounds. Alcohol is not allowed in any livestock barns.
- Fireworks are not allowed.
- Flyers and/or sale bills may not be passed out in any areas of the Fairgrounds with the exception of within a paid vendor booth space.
- Placing flyers on automobiles is prohibited.
- Parking vehicles for advertising purposes or sale of a vehicle is prohibited.
- Any public display of photos or video of any Douglas County Fair event, concert or rodeo for public dissemination without express written consent from Douglas County is strictly prohibited.
- Douglas County Fair may take photos of guests, contestants, employees and volunteers. These photos shall be the property of Douglas County and may be used by Douglas County Facilities Management for educational or promotional materials.
- All guests, contestants and participants are subject to a search by security personnel.
- All ticket sales are final – no credits, refunds or exchanges. Douglas County Fair retains the right to reject admittance to anyone.